We’re built with one intent: bettering lives. And it always will be, because progress is real only when shared.
We touch lives and enhance them with our policies and creations.
We’re doing away with traditional company hierarchies, choosing collaboration over competition and balance over burnout. From support staff to senior partners, we work side-by-side, sharing successes as a team.
M.P. Ramachandran is the founder of Jyothy Labs Limited. With a humble beginning in 1983, guided by his astute vision and relentless pursuit to better human lives and contribute in nation building, he built the company that is trusted by millions across India.
An IIT and IIM alumnus, Lakshminarayanan has a string of successes in his career. He has worked with leading FMCG conglomerates across product categories and held eminent positions with top notch advertisement companies in India. He has keen interest in Business Strategy, Brand Strategy, Media Plural Communications and Portfolio management.
M R Jyothy is a Post-graduate in management with an additional diploma in Family Managed Business Administration. She has also completed the Owner/President Management Programme from Harvard Business School. After a successful stint in the sales and marketing function of the company since last 15 years, M R Jyothy was unanimously chosen to lead the company as the Managing Director effective 1 April 2020. She has won several industry awards and recognition including ‘Woman Entrepreneur of the year’ award from Zee Business, voted amongst 50 most influential women in Indian Media. She has been the principal architect behind all the product innovations from Jyothy labs since 2009.
Joint Managing Director
Joint Managing Director
Ullas Kamath is a qualified Chartered Accountant and Company Secretary. He has topped it with a Degree in Law and has attended the Advanced Management Programme at Wharton Business School and Harvard Business School. It is under his leadership that the company has diversified and become a multi product FMCG company. He has spearheaded the successful setting up of Fabric Spa and the Henkel acquisition. Won CA Business Achiver Award - SME category in ICAI Awards 2008 on January 25, 2009.
Whole Time Director
Whole Time Director
M.R. Deepthi is a member of The Institute of Company Secretaries of India and The Institute of Cost Accountants of India. She is a Bachelor in Management Studies from Chinai College of Commerce affiliated with Mumbai University and Master of Management Studies from S.I.E.S. College, Nerul, Navi Mumbai. An expert in finance and secretarial function, she is a key player in budget formulation, strategy, treasury, business performance reviews, fund raising and other financial activities of the Company. She also guides Company's Taxation, Legal and Secretarial function.
Nilesh Mehta was the Managing Partner of Aureos Capital since January 2005. He is a qualified CA with a Post-graduate degree from IIM. His experience spans various fields in finance ranging from investment banking, private equity to fund-related activities. He is a veteran in the field of private equity and mergers and acquisitions of mid cap Indian companies.
A member of Professional Associations like the Bar Council of Maharashtra & Goa and the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI), Ms. Bhumika Batra brings with her over 17 years of experience in the field of Corporate Laws. She has received scholarship from London School of Economics for Masters in Law and has also assisted in several Publications of Journal Publications viz. India Business Law Journal – 2019, Company Law Ready Reckoner – 2014, Transfer and Transmission of Shares – A treatise – 2005 and Asia Business Law Journal – 2007. Ms. Batra is an Independent Director in several companies and is currently associated with M/s. Crawford Bayley & Co. as an Associate Partner.
• Jyothy Labs started as a proprietary concern in Kerala selling one brand; Ujala Supreme
• Established a factory in chennai to manufacture Ujala
• Ujala Supreme launched in all states of India
• Maxo launched in West Bengal
• Exo launched across South India
• Acquired subsidiary Sri Sai Homecare
• Awarded the “AAA Brand Performance Award” for Maxo
• Listed with BSE & NSE
• Shifted registered office to a new building – Ujala House in Kondivita, Andheri East.
• Launched Ujala Crisp & Shine across India
• Exo Round launched in South India
• Established Jyothy Fabric Care Services Limited (JFSL); started Fabric Spa – A premium landry service under JFSL.
• Sachin Tendulkar was signed in as the brand ambassador of Ujala Supreme
• Acquired controlling stake in Henkel India Limited
• Launched Maxo Liquid ‘Fits all machines’ with TN star R Madhavan
• Won product of the year award for Exo
• Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty roped in as the brand ambassador for Exo to further strengthen the brands antibacterial proposition
• Henko Lintelligent launched. A revolution in fabric care. Bollywood star Madhuri Dixit was roped in as the brand ambassador
• Jyothy MR wins ‘Impacts 50 most influential women award’. A proud recognition for Jyothy Labs
• Emerging Kerala Business Conclave presents Jyothy MR Women Entrepreneurship Excellence award
• Jyothy MR wins once again Impacts 50 most influential women award
• New Margo Original Neem Soap launched
• Jyothy Labs implements SAP. Spearheaded by Ravi Razdan, the company sets a record in lowest number of days taken for implementation for a large organisation. Wins several awards in IT
• Jyothy MR was awarded ‘The greatest Marketing Influencers’ by World Federation Marketing. This was the third award from the World federation of Marketing for Jyothy MR.
• Pril Tamarind Launched. First of its kind dish wash liquid with power granules suspended for powerful grease removal
• Jyothy Labs wins the prestigious IMC Ram Krishna Bajaj National Quality Award under Manufacturing sector
• Lead actor Raj Kumar roped in as the brand ambassador to launch the new Maxo Genius Machine
• Launch of Margo Face wash; India’s first Neem Paste Face in west Bengal
At Jyothy Labs, we are passionate about providing the highest quality of products. We set high performance targets for ourselves to achieve this and are proud of the reputation we’ve built with our peers and customers. Here’s a look at recent awards and recognition received: